Dr. Mai Uyen Tran
Dr. Mai grew up in Northern California. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Davis. She went on to attain her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Mai chose to further pursue a specialty in pediatric dentistry because she enjoys working with and providing safe, comfortable treatment for children. She completed an additional two years of training at Children's Hospital of Michigan. Throughout this two year program she cared for children of all ages with an increased focus on those with special needs such as autism, cerebral palsy and cleft lip/palate. This hospital-based residency provided a safe environment to treat the dental needs of children under general anesthesia, conscious sedation and/or nitrous oxide.
After her specialty training, Dr. Mai fulfilled the necessary requirements and rigid standards to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
In her spare time, Dr. Mai enjoys spending time with her friends and family. She also likes to hike and cook. She enjoys to being a part of the Vacaville Community and caring for the children of Vacaville and surrounding areas.
- Bachelor of Science, Genetics & Minor Human Development - University of California, Davis
- Doctor of Dental Surgery - University of California, San Francisco
- Pediatric Dentistry Certificate - Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Permit: Conscious Sedation Pediatric Advanced
- Life Support Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Kaiser Permanente Vacaville
- Give Kids a Smile annually
- Dental Screening/Fair for My Sister's House in Sacramento
- CDA cares annually: CDA cares
Oral Health education for local preschools